Writing Westward Podcast Episode 050
Mixed-Descent Peoples and the Making of the American West
W. W. Norton, 2022
Anne Hyde is Professor of History at the University of Oklahoma and Editor-in-Chief of the Western Historical Quarterly. Her most recent book, Born of Lakes and Plains: Mixed-Descent Peoples and the Making of the American West, was published by W. W. Norton in 2022.
Some of her other publications include:
The West in the History of the Nation, vols 1 & 2, co-edited with William F. Deverell (Bedfords/St. Martins, 2020)
Shaped by the West: A history of North America, vols. 1 & 2, co-edited with William F. Deverell (University of California Press, 2018)
- Empires, Nations, and Families: A New History of the North American West, 1800-1860 (University of Nebraska Press, 2012)
An American Vision: Far Western Landscape and American Culture, 1820-1920 (New York University Press, 1990)
Listen and Subscribe Via:
Connect with Writing Westward on Social Media
- Host and Producer Brenden W. Rensink is Associate Director of the Redd Center, an Associate Professor of History at BYU, General Editor of the Intermountain Histories project, and author of the 2018 book Native but Foreign: Indigenous Immigrants and Refugees in the North American Borderlands.
- Podcast Music was written and recorded by local Provo composer by Micah Dahl Anderson.
- Episodes are recorded via Skype or in person and amateurishly engineered and produced by Professor Rensink.
- To submit a book to be considered for a podcast episode, email firstname.lastname@example.org.